Important Update regarding the Influenza Immunisation 2021/22
Unfortunately, Practices have received notifications from suppliers of the flu vaccine that there will be a delay in the delivery schedules, caused by unforeseen freight challenges.
Adults 65y+ and Adults 18 – 64y with underlying health conditions and carers
You are invited to the following walk-in sessions (no appointment needed) at the surgery:
Surname A – M
- The session on the 2nd of October has been cancelled
Surname N – Z
- Saturday 9th October 2021 08:00-11:00
Surname A – M
- Saturday 16th October 2021 08:00-11:00
If you are unable to attend these dates you can attend the 50 to 64 years old clinic at a date to be advised in late October/early November 2021.
Adults 50 – 64y with NO underlying health conditions
Yes you are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine. We will text out the dates as soon as delivery times are known.
If you are housebound, we will arrange a nurse to visit you to give you your vaccine. We have a register and so there is no need to book.
Children (under 18y)
The surgery will contact you with an appointment.
Ask you midwife who will be able to give you your flu vaccine, or attend one of the walk-in clinics.
Walk in clinic instructions
- Come to the rear of the surgery building, where there will be a marshalled queuing system
- Don’t drive into the rear carpark as there won’t be room
- Wear a short-sleeved top, and remove your coat / top layers when you enter the surgery in preparation
- We would appreciate if you would wear a face covering
- Don’t stop in the corridor – once you have been vaccinated follow the one-way arrows to exit at the front of the building
- Don’t ask the GP, nurse or staff about any other health issue or prescription/result, as they will be unable to deal with it
- Wheelchair users please alert the marshal