What is the function of a patient reference group?
In a nutshell, we are looking for:
“Constructive comments from our patients to make our service better within the boundaries of our ability and cost constraints”
We are looking to the group to:
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns, priorities and health interests
- Act as a planning tool – can be consulted on service developments and provision
What is the structure of a patient reference group?
- A physical core group that meets at the surgery
Progress so far
The initial meeting of the Core Physical Group took place on 21st September. The key objective of the group at the moment, as dictated by the Department of Health, is to agree the content of a patient survey to be carried out on a wider group of practice patients. This survey will be based on what aspects of the practice service the Patient Reference Group thinks is important, allowing us to see how we are doing and then in conjunction with the groups look to see how we can do better.
Please fill out our PPG Registration form if you would like to join the Patient Group. We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to. Many thanks for your assistance.
- PPG Code of Conduct
- PPG Terms of Reference
- PPG Confidentiality Policy and Declaration Agreement for Volunteers & Declaration Agreement for PPG Members
- PPG Leaflet