Getting the most out of Birchwood Surgery telephone system
Busy and Quiet Periods
On a Monday the Surgery can receive over 200 calls between 8.30 and 10.00am, we advise that if you are not ringing for an appointment and if your call is not of an urgent nature to ring after 10.00am.
- Our peak period for phone calls each day is between 8.30am and 10.00am, please consider if your call can wait until after this time.
- If you call before 10.00 am with a general or complex query we may ask if you can call back later in the day once the calls have calmed down.
- Test results are only available after 2pm.
- After a Bank Holiday we receive double the number of calls, please consider if your call can wait till later during the day or the following day.
You can also get medical advice from NHS 111 service
Our team at Birchwood recognise how important it is for our patients to get through on our phones first time and we have had software installed to monitor our call volumes to help improve the service we provide. We hold our hands up that in the past, patients have not been satisfied with our telephones. We have listened to feedback and gathered data from our new software and are proud to say that we have worked hard and have improved on them vastly.
We would like to share this information with you
- We have deployed more staff on the phones during our peak times and now have up to 7 people dealing with calls between 8.30 - 10.00. This has resulted in us answering between 99.9% - 100% of the calls.
- By improving the calls answered during the peak period, this has had a knock on effect to the number of calls received throughout the rest of the day and these calls are now being answered 99.9%-100%of the time.
- Our current telephone system required some adjustments to meet the demands of the Surgeries needs, this has now been resolved and each extension line has a dedicated and trained staff member to deal with your queries efficiently.